Dental implants are the next best thing to your own healthy teeth. Dental implants are surgically implanted artificial tooth roots that provide a permanent base for fixed replacement teeth. Compared to traditional dentures, bridges, and crowns, dental implants are a more effective longer-term solution for people who suffer from missing teeth. Because they look, feel and even function like your natural teeth, implants are becoming the new standard for tooth replacement.
Additional advantages of Dental Implants include:
- They protect your jawbone from deterioration that occurs after tooth loss.
- You can eat anything you want.
- They can last a lifetime.
- Your natural face shape will be retained.
- They stay in your mouth permanently.
The technology and techniques used for dental implants have advanced significantly over the past 25 years. Dr. Gaunt is pleased to offer a wide variety of dental implant options for the benefit of his patients. He has he training and experience to provide unique dental implant solutions that are not available in most dental offices in the Pacific Northwest.
In addition to standard dental implants, we are proud to offer:
- Small diameter implants (SDIs) with immediate permanent crown placement in one short appointment - minimally invasive, no incisions, no stitches, minimal-to-no bleeding, minimal post-op discomfort, no temporary crown, no flipper, no delay between implant placement and permanent crown cementation, and up to half the cost.
- SDI retained dentures offer the same advantages as above, but instead of just no delay between implant placement and permanent crown placement, there is no delay between implant placement and permanent denture delivery! A great solution for anyone suffering from the effects of loose and ill-fitting dentures.
- Tooth extraction with immediate standard implant placement and immediate temporary crown - Great for situations when a tooth in your smile zone needs to be extracted. During the same appointment, we extract the tooth, place a bone graft, place the implant, and fabricate a temporary crown. No gap in your smile during healing, and no need for a flipper. After 3-4 months of healing, a permanent crown is made.
Dr. Gaunt has been credentialed in implant dentistry by the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI). He has been awarded a Fellowship in their organization in recognition of numerous documented, successful implant cases and over 100 hours of advanced dental implant training.
If you are ready to consider a strong, stable, permanent solution to your missing teeth, give us a call today at (509) 904-0994 to learn more.