Implant Supported Dentures at Downriver Smiles, Spokane WA
If you’ve ever worn standard dentures, or known anyone who has, you probably realize they are not without problems. Spokane patients have a better option, with advanced implant supported dentures from Downriver Smiles.
How implant supported dentures are different
A full denture is a set of false teeth attached to a gum-colored base. The traditional denture plate is not attached in any way. An upper denture covers the roof of the mouth, creating suction. Lower plates are harder to stabilize because they must accommodate for the tongue.
Implant supported dentures are similar in design, with a few very important differences:
- They include fittings, allowing them to be attached to dental implants. Most often, the denture has small stud attachments or a thin metal bar.
- The base of the denture is much smaller, because stabilization is not a concern. The upper denture does not cover the roof of the mouth.
- Implant supported dentures may be fixed or removable, depending on the design. In either case, they have stability like natural teeth because the implants serve as roots.
Benefits of implant dentures
When you choose implant supported dentures, you are choosing to protect your oral health and optimize the appearance of your smile. The benefits include:
- The size, shape, and placement of teeth is carefully planned to replicate a natural, healthy, perfectly aligned smile. Because the denture is secured by implants, there is no worry of it slipping out of place.
- With full chewing efficiency, you can eat whatever you want, which can benefit your nutrition and quality of life.
- Implants prevent bone loss.
- While standard dentures are known for aging a person’s appearance, implant supported appliances help preserve a youthful face.
Call our office today and schedule a consultation to find out if you are a good candidate for implant dentures.